Friday, January 11, 2013

Looking at the Light... shining on little things...

every day...
just because I set my mind to...simply shed a positive light on things, especially little things...especially at the start of a new day.

Sometimes it starts simply practicing yoga and meditation as well as a positive enforcement: 'this IS a beautiful day starting for me!'

Or like this morning just smiling at the sun coming up, warming the air of a cold night in the West Ghats in Tamil Nadu, ... and softly lifting the veil of clouds on the surrounding sleepy Elephant mountain, spreading colors and warmth, softness...
Or like this week, receiving my PhD courses books and feeling like a kid, a pupil, caring for them, blessed to have this opportunity at this corner of my life to be a student again: what a luxury, how grateful I am!
Getting a kiss from Mane, the 2 year old boy of my PhD colleague, or the magnificent smile of that little indian girl that I meet in the corridor every morning, we dont speak, she just smiles all the time... giggles and I smile back!
Or opening my nostrils catching fragrances on my way to Uni... of frangipanes, jasmin... and letting for a moment my mind wander away from PhD theories...
Just happy to see mango season starting after having enjoyed guava!!!
Letting a song take my mind just as well...
Or an inspiring sharing with a friend...

I guess after passing the milestone of half of the 1st term PhD classes I am just thankful, humbled to be able to get back to learning, having an opportunity to open my mind further, to share, compare, debate... calculate, research, formulate hypothesis, counter... but just as well to learn simply every day, every morning, to just... BE
... and witnessing those little things, little pleasures!
that make life so.... full of Light

No comments:

Post a Comment