Tuesday, May 8, 2012

On the road again...

This morning packing took me a good 2 hours: packing everything in 2 suitcases that I leave in the ashram, tydying cleaning my little corner, and then packing my 2 surfboards, as light as possible, with one small backpack, my uke and yoga mat!
3 hours of stressfull car ride to Kochi shared with my friend Nat (too stressed about time, quite german on that, needing to be 4 hours before at airport...:-) who was in Amritapuri for 10 days... and here ya go!
Airasia... Crossing over Sri Lanka, the bay of BEngal, Andaman sea...and landing in Kuala Lumpur. Unfortunately too short a stop in the middle of the night to go and visit this interesting town:  federal capital, seat of the Parliament of Malaysia and most populous city in Malaysiaarea of 243 km2(94 sq mi) and population of 1.6 million as of 2012. Greater Kuala Lumpur (or Klang Valley), is an urban agglomeration of 7.2 million. It is among the fastest growing metropolitan regions in the country, in terms of population and economy and you feel it when you arrive!
Well leaving one of the most populated country in the world, in its most dense part, Kerala, and landing in another crowded place!
People everywhere now at 6am, popping from all around, forcing me to get out of my 3 hours sleep, on the floor of the departure hall on my yoga mat (it comes handy in those situations...).
But the real chock is to be back in US mode, starbucks, DunkinDonuts...all this high sugar world, high materialistic where a coffee is 2$! far from my good old chai at 5Rs!
But in a few hours I will be in Bali, on a beautiful beach with my 2 'wives': my ukulele and my surfboard!
Worth all sleeping on the floor in the world.
Back in Bali after 13 years! Great feeling, and really looking forward to the surf, which is forecasted with 6 to 8 foot...perfect for a good Nusa Dua session!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment