6 hours train yesterday to cross Kerala from south to north and land in Tamil Nadu, Coimbatore, Ettimidai, Amrita School of Business campus.
The campus where I will be carrying my PhD studies, hosting this conference on sustainability:
Coordinating partnership aspects...
Overview of Conference:
- To connect developmental agencies, public and quasi-public organizations, corporates, and academics to contribute towards policy-oriented and actionable research with a view to bring benefits to the vulnerable in society.
- To understand the current problems associated with sustainable plan/action and to study the models of sustainable change from our speakers and presenters that provide insights on the bottlenecks for sustainable action
- To learn from the various successful cases and develop socially and commercially scaled up solutions for the critical mass.
- To develop a plausible, common approach for sustainability management rather than being reliant on the current fragmented approach for meeting sustainability goals at local, regional and global level, leading to more effective governance systems.
- To develop an actionable plan through teams of corporates, academics, NGO’s, government agencies in three focus areas areas
- Improving supply of water at higher quality levels,
- Lower cost access to renewable energy, and
- Proper waste management
and waking up to this:
so I guess it is OK to wear a tie, if it comes with such environments...
Yoga and meditation this morning with an amazing rising sun, stunning colors embracing the sky, everywhere
and I guess it is OK too to be treated as a secretary and edit websites without a thank you or any kind of recognition Manipulation and bullshit have been so common in this whole process. And as much as I felt really humiliated to have worked hard on the design of this conference, advocated for strong design of Outputs/outcomes, I am now relieved to have been taken out of the organizing committee when I see the legacy of 3 days spent with key experts on sustainability, the 11th president of India...
Of course what to expect from a powerful, very wealthy ex magnate of WallStreet, that probably believed he can reach the goal in business class by serving Amma's biscuits.... and an accounting professor that knows nothing on sustainability on the reality of the field and believes honestly (?) apparently that she helps communities with research papers!!!